Transform your Data Centers to Hyperscale-grade Infrastructure
Applications are becoming more data-driven, and to be effective they must process higher volumes of data at higher performance and low latency.
LightOS Software Defined Storage unlocks the potential of a disaggregated high-performance NVMe solution to maximize resource utilization and flexibility.
LightOS provides rich storage services like data reduction, thin provisioning for best utilization of SSD capacity, and Erasure Coding protection from SSD failures to ensure service and data availability. Using optional LightField™ hardware accelerator, LightOS can improve network processing, IOPs, and reduce latency.
Ease of deployment in hyperscale data centers
Lightbits allows flexible storage server implementations with no changes to application servers or network infrastructure with seamless integration of in-line storage services at 100Gbps performance.
Installed on standard servers in large scale data centers, LightOS is optimized for I/O intensive compute clusters, such as Cassandra, MySQL, FDB, MongoDB, and Time Series Databases. LightOS is also ideal for containerized environments such as Kubernetes and Mesos that require large scale clusters with persistent storage for rapid node migration, workload rebalancing, or recovery from failures without copying data over the network.
- No touch in Application server software and Network infrastructure
- Ideal for containerized environments
- Built for I/O intensive compute clusters
- Software defined solution that runs on customers’ servers
Composable storage infrastructure
LightOS Software Define Storage solution is designed for composable infrastructure architecture supporting quick deployment of IT resources for different services and workloads. The fluid composable environment allows optimized resources (compute, storage, and network) allocation for different applications and service levels to reduce CAPEX and improve availability.
- Allow smooth application migration across the data center
- Fast failover recovery with persistent volumes
- Highest availability with efficient load balancing of compute nodes
- High utilization with on the fly provisioning of storage pools
Finally, efficient and scalable storage
Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) is dramatically reduced through the use of Thin Provisioning – purchase only what you need. Combining this with in-line data reduction further increases your Return on Investment (ROI) – reduce the amount of data you write, maximizing utilization, reducing wear and extending the endurance of standard SSDs.
LightOS Key Benefits
High Performance & Low Latency
- Scalable architecture for millions of IOPS
- High bandwidth to SSDs via data striping
- Consistently low read average and tail latency
- Ultra-low write latency with persistent write buffer
Software Defined Storage
- Runs on standard servers
- Standard TCP Network
- Optimized for I/O intensive applications (MySQL, Cassandra, TSDB)
- Persistent storage for containerized environments
Rich Storage Services
- Append only Erasure Coding (EC) at wire speed
- Thin provisioning for best utilization
- Wire-speed data reduction
- QoS SLA per volume (avoiding noisy neighbor)
- Auto capacity scale
Management for Composable Infrastructure
- RESTful API provides a standard HTTPS-based interface
- CLI support for scripts and monitoring
Unleash the benefits of efficient disaggregationRequest Demo
Request a Demo
Thank you! We’ll be right back!